How It Works
Our Engineer-in-Residence program is fueled by the unique experiences of our volunteer engineers. With their diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise, they bring a wealth of knowledge to the classroom. We also recognize that every classroom is unique, and each teacher will want to highlight different areas of the curriculum in order to enhance the learning process. Accordingly, every teacher/EIR pair works together to design each visit to meet the needs of their classroom. This is how the process works:
- Teachers and EIRs apply online.
- We interview EIRs to help match them with an appropriate school.
- Each Teacher is matched with an EIR in their geographical area.
- Each Teacher meets with their EIR to create a plan for visits.
- A live orientation session is held for both Teachers and EIRs.
- The fun begins in the classroom!
The EIR program is offered free of charge to schools across Ontario.
For more information, FAQ's, and resources for the Engineer-in-Residence program - please visit EIR.ca
Please note applications for the 2020/2021 program year are now CLOSED. Please contact us at [email protected] if you required additional information.
Engineers & EITs
Schools & Teachers
The Engineer-in-Residence program was founded by Professional Engineers Ontario.