Our Engineer-in-Residence program is fueled by the unique experiences of our volunteer engineers. With their diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise, they bring a wealth of knowledge to the classroom. We also recognize that every classroom is unique, and each educator will want to highlight different areas of the curriculum in order to enhance the learning process. Accordingly, every teacher/EIR pair works together to design each visit to meet the needs of their classroom. .
The EIR program is offered free of charge to schools across Canada
How It Works
- Educators and volunteers apply online.
- We interview volunteers to help match them with an appropriate school.
- Each Educator is matched with a volunteer in their geographical area when possible (*NEW for 2021/2022* If we cannot match you with a class that is geographically nearby, you will be matched with a school for virtual visits).
- Educators & volunteers meet to create a plan for visits.
- Live training is provided to new volunteers.
- Everyone gets invited to a live Kick-off (virtual) event in the fall!
- EIR classroom visits can start as early as September
Check out our FAQ's for more information!
We're looking for professional engineers, EITs, and engineering students to join our passionate team of volunteers.
Request an engineer volunteer (EIR, as we like to call them!) for your class. We'll use the information you provide to find the best match for you!
The Engineer-in-Residence program was founded by Professional Engineers Ontario.